Thank you for your interest in our program and entrusting your child/children in our care. We look forward to learning and growing together. These policies have been developed to clarify all procedures and requirements as it relates to enrolment within our program.
Bright Beginnings for Kids Inc. is licensed for sixty-four children from 12 months to 5 years of age. Our facility is comprised of five classrooms:
The Infant Room
2 years old
The Toddler Room
3 and 4 years old
Two Preschool Rooms
4 and 5 years old
One Prekindergarten/kindergarten Room
It is important to note that while children already enrolled within the childcare are given priority for space, there is no guarantee that a space will be available in the next program. For example, once a child in the infant room turns two, we can not guarantee a space in the toddler room/preschool program. We do our best to avoid turning a child away. If a space will not be available in the next program, we will give families a minimum of 2 weeks’ notice.
Our kinder program primarily accepts children who are enrolled at Varennes School; however, we have made exceptions to accept children enrolled in other schools and community areas. These exceptions are individually based and approved by the Executive Director.
Priority is given to siblings attending the centre and/or children who have previously been enrolled in our program who have left in good standing.
If you wish to be placed on our waitlist, please email [email protected]. Provide your name, phone number, child’s name and date of birth and when care is required.
Children between the ages of 12 months and 2 years are eligible for our infant program. Children between the ages of 2-5 years are eligible for our preschool program.
Bright Beginnings for Kids Inc. operates at full capacity. When spaces become available, we will use our waiting list to fill spaces. Priority will be based on the following:
- Siblings of children currently enrolled at Bright Beginnings for Kids Inc.
- Length of time your family has been enrolled at Bright Beginnings for Kids Inc. on a continuing basis.
- The length of time your child has been on the waiting list.
Registration is considered complete when the Parent/Guardian has:
- Paid a non-refundable Registration Fee of $50.00 per child.
- Paid a two-week deposit.
- Read and signed the Centre Policies, Code of Conduct, and Fire Safety Plan
- Filled out the registration form in full
- Obtained and completed any necessary additional forms (such as URIS/anaphylaxis policy if child has a life-threatening allergy)
- Provided copies of documents regarding legal guardianship, custody, visitation/access if applicable
- *Parental Separation* – if the parents separate and custody and access arrangements change, Bright Beginnings for Kids Inc. will need a copy of the custody arrangement or court order pertaining to the children attending Bright Beginnings for Kids Inc.
In the event of divorce/separation/custody arrangements/restraining orders, the centre requires a copy of any legal documents detailing guardianship and access as outlined in Enrolment Form. The centre is unable to refuse access to the other parent without these legal documents on file.
Both custodial and non-custodial parents may have access to their child’s information pertaining to health, education
and welfare unless a court order stipulates to the contrary.